WE HAVE MOVED!

This website has moved to www.worldofcrap.co.uk. Please update your links. And then go there, because it's really really good, and there's cake there and everything.

Thursday 25 April 2013

Knock a door run - advanced trolling (unless you're a 'der-brain')


My favourite game of all time. Even as an adult, it never fails to reduce me to a helpless pile of giggling.

The rules are so simple that even I could understand them – you knock on someone's door, then you run away and hide so you can watch the victim answer the door.  This genius ruse results in a pissed off homeowner left scratching their head.

In our childish minds, the victim would never be able to figure out what was going on, and would be forced to conclude he was dealing with some kind of ghost. In retrospect, they almost certainly knew it was “bloody kids.” Again.


A door.

Sometimes of course, things go wrong. But knock a door run is one of the few games on Earth that can occasionally be improved by gross incompetence. There are two ways to royally fuck up (improve) a game of knock a door run -

Forget to run away, or run away too slowly, or fall over while running away, causing yourself to be caught. You will then have to come up with a genuine reason for knocking like “Can I use your microwave?”

Choose a house where they're not in anyway, thus committing yourself to sitting in your hiding place, watching a door that's never going to be answered.

Either of these scenarios will be cause for much hilarity among the non-knocking players, and an excuse to punch the knocking player for “being a fucking der-brain.”

I heartily recommend this game on a Saturday afternoon when you have nothing else to do, but take care not to target a house where they can set their dogs on you, or a house whose owner is that weird guy who covers his windows with old newspapers.



4 comments:

  1. Hello! This post couldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my good old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

    my blog; perfect waist to hip ratio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol thanks, it's nice to know that someone apart from me occasionally reads this insanity :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had totally forgotten about 'der-brain'. This phrase is immediately reinstated into my vocabulary.
    I was too chicken a child to do this, because I knew I was the type who would trip when they ran away. I wasn't physically awkward, just really unlucky.
    It reminds me of prank calls, I was so bad, but anyone I did a prank call with was never any better. They weren't even funny, just the thrill of doing something naughty was enough to make us laugh.
    There was one time we called my best friends exboyfriend and then his mom called us back and we were scared shitless. I thought my mom was going to kill me if she noticed strange numbers on my phone and would immediately assume I was being groomed by a child molester. I was more scared of my mom shouting at me over child molesters than actual child molesters.
    I've been reading this blog for like an hour now and cackling like a crazy person. You are, like, the 90s. If the 90s were a person. That would be you. You seem to remember everything with super clarity, I think I blocked most of the 90s out due to trauma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alveo
    Hey! Quick question that's totally off topic. Do you know how to make your
    site mobile friendly? My blog looks weird when browsing
    from my iphone. I'm trying to find a template or plugin that
    might be able to correct this problem. If you have any recommendations,
    please share. With thanks!

    ReplyDelete